Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Super Mario big reveal!

My boys have been begging me for awhile now to redo their bedroom with different paint colors. I first painted their room 5 years ago when we moved into this house, and they had 'ABC' quilts for their beds with a light blue and green color scheme, so that's what I went with. Noah informed me he was tired of the light colors, so this is what we came up with for their "new" room. The best part, I think, is that I let them draw the sketches that I then turned into stencils for the mushrooms and question blocks, and let them paint them themselves.

Here is what the room looked like before:



And here are some pictures of the re-done room:





I still need to get a frame for the poster over Nick's bed, and I've ordered a magnetic dry erase board to hang on the wall where the boys can put some cool Mario Bros. magnets I found online.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

Super-cute! I love it! I bet the boys are in heaven.

Elizabeth Downie said...

WOW! You're the best mom. I bet the boys love their new room! Great job. Very creative.

The Bowler Five said...

Looks good. What a fun idea!

Priscilla said...

Thanks, you guys! Yes, they love it; I hear them playing in there, pretending they're part of the game. I actually think they like it so much because I let them be involved in creating it, which was very hard for me to do. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is inspirational to us all!

John said...

That looks really nice!!!! And way to go letting the kids help.

Brandon and Katee said...

That is so cute!!