Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Friday, May 7, 2010

Grandparent's Day, May 2010!

Every May the kids' school hosts a Grandparent's Day, where the kids have a chance to show off some of their work. Since none of our kids' grandparents live close enough to attend, I've posted some of the pictures I took so they can at least enjoy them online!
Here is Sam with a couple of his art pieces (to his left).  His class also sang a few songs and did a skit about the solar system.
Here Sophie is showing off some of her Native American pieces, a rain stick, dream catcher and sand art.  Her class also recited a poem and sand a couple of songs.
Noah's class read stories and did a skit about Greek Mythology.  Here he is with his terrarium/goldfish bowl.  (The goldfish, which you can't see in the picture, is on the bottom part of the terrarium, and Noah said his name is Flame.)

Then in the evening, just for fun, I made a giant pizza sized cookie, and the kids had a "sleep over" in the living room while watching "Alvin and the Chipmunks" and "Alvin and Chipmunks the Squeakquel".

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Awe! A giant cookie and a sleepover? How fun! You're creating some really great memories.

Oh, and I can tell Chris has been losing weight! :)