Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

The annual (going broke) back-to-school ritual.

Here we are again, at the beginning of another school year.  With three school-aged children and school budget cuts, the required supply list is getting quite lengthy!  Add into that the need for new shoes, jeans, lunch boxes and backpacks...aye carumba!!  It feels good to have the shopping done and be getting organized and ready, but my checkbook isn't feeling quite as relieved as I am. :(  I was pleased with the shoe purchase, though.  Payless is having their Buy One, Get One Half Off Sale, and we got a coupon in the mail for an additional 20% our total purchase, so were able to get a pair of dress shoes, and a pair of tennis shoes for each of the 3 older kids (6 pairs of shoes in all) for $50!  Not too bad.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder what I'll be doing when my kids are school age. :S

JenniG said...

You can't beat the $50 deal for shoes. That's fantastic. I know what you mean though. It does hurt the pocket book that school shopping. You know, I was looking at the middle school, and high school supply list, and it only get worse...aye carumba! My son is in middle school next year. I guess I better start planning now.