Okay, well the title of this post is a little misleading, since I actually only ran the half-marathon, but still...
I posted a detailed blog about my experience running the 1/2 this morning on my other blog:
I just felt like putting something on this blog as well, because it was such an event for our whole family. The kids were up early with me this morning, asking me lots of questions and telling me over and over to: "Do good, mom!" Chris has been an awesome support as I've been doing this training, and continues to be as I now will keep on with my training for the full marathon in November. For the marathon we will be traveling to Colorado, and it will be a whole new set of experiences. This morning, though, after Chris took me in to where I had catch the shuttle to the starting line, he fed all the kids some breakfast, got everyone dressed, then drove to spots where he could get a few pictures of me on my run. He then tried to get to the finish line, where he and the kids could wait to greet me, and somehow he ended up having to park about 2 miles from the finish line area. He and the kids had walked all that way from the car, in the hot sun, then after we met up at the end of my race, we all had to walk that distance back to the car! The kids were (apparently) doing a lot of complaining during the the "waiting" periods of my race, so I just wanted to let Chris know how much I appreciate his help and support. He is a great dad and an especially good husband.





1 comment:
That is great!! Good job!! How was it?!? I would love to do one - but wow - it scares me!! My aunts do the full thing like you are in Nov and I would love to do one with them - but it really does scare me!! Congrats!!
Post a Comment