Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Saturday, December 4, 2010

The Day She's Been Waiting For...

Today my sweet 8 year old girl had her special day: she was baptized.  She is such a wonderful child, full of the most loving spirit I have ever known.  I could tell she was being very thoughtful and emotional throughout the day.  She loved having family and friends who took the time and made some small sacrifices in order to be here and help her celebrate this special occasion. 

Last night she was so excited, she was having the hardest time falling asleep.  She finally ended up crashing on the couch sometime after 10pm.
 I just love days like today, when we're together as a family, and we get to share in something momentous and meaningful, such as it was. Chris is such a good, loving daddy, and Sophie was glued to his side the whole time we were at the church.





Afterwards, we enjoyed an afternoon back at our house eating and visiting with family, while all the cousins played, and played and played. We ended the day with most of us (minus the littlest kids) watching the newly released Eclipse DVD. Great day! :)






2 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

This post made me cry. Sophie really is such a special, amazing girl. I love her smile in the picture of Chris kissing her. She looks so happy. And you look so happy in the picture of you with Chris and the kids. What a great day! I'm so happy for her. She's a wonderful little person. I can't wait to see what kind of adult she grows into. I'm sure she'll be the kind of person I would want to be friends with. Thanks for sharing your day with us!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Looks like Sophie had a great day!!