Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Happy birthday, dear Noah...


Today is Noah's birthday.  I still can't believe we have an 11 year old child.  He is such a funny kid, with a very distinctively Noah personality.  I think he enjoyed his day, getting to have his favorite "hot lunch" at school, treats with his classmates, his favorite home-made stuffed-crust pizza for dinner, cake and ice cream, and of course his present - Pokemon White Version for DS.  He seemed to be a very content boy today.

For me, the day with mixed with an overtone of somberness.  I've felt distracted and concerned since I learned yesterday that some dear friends of ours had taken their 4 year old son to Salt Lake for tests on a tumor on his hip.  Today I found out that it is most likely Sarcoma and that the treatment will start with chemo because the tumor is too large to remove.  Sad day.  My heart aches for those parents.  I can't even imagine having to face something like that.  It makes me sad to know that these friends are now changed forever; regardless of the long term outcome, they will never be the same.  We will be praying for them.

1 comment:

JenniG said...

Happy Birthday to Noah...your pizza sounds delightful! I can sympathize with you and your friend. My dear friend's little 2 year old has down's syndrome, and was just diagnosed for the 2nd time with leukemia (it's worse this time). I am praying for her. It also inspires me to try to start a "Team in Training" chapter here in the Grand Valley...not sure, but I'll keep you posted. Cancer stinks.