I remember when this day was all about the "romantic" love with your significant other. Nowadays it seems like it's all about the kids! I have to say, as a mom, that I appreciate any excuse to give my little ones some extra love and attention, oh yeah, and treats!! The boys are having their Valentine's Day parties at school today, so it's just Sophie and Nicolas at home with me today. I made pink frosted sugar cookies yesterday for the boys to take to school, and Chris and I gave each of the kids a helium balloon and stuffed animal. It's amazing how much entertainment value a $1 mylar balloon can have, even for the older kids!
As for me and Chris, not much excitement today. Chris had to work yesterday, he went in at about 3:30 in the afternoon and didn't get home until 6:30 this morning, so he'll be sleeping until it's time to go to work again this afternoon. We knew it would be this way, though. With his job being what it is, we always plan special things when we can. I surprised him with an early Valentine's Day present on Feb. 1st. We went to a Glenn Beck show in Idaho Falls. It was so great; a real experience to hear him speak in person. For those of you who may not be familiar with Glenn Beck, he's a conservative talk radio host and author, who also has a cable news show. Chris has been a fan of his for a while, and has gotten me listening to him. He has a great story, as a convert to the church after a battle with addiction. Anyway, Chris loved the show, and I loved going on a date with my husband, and even got to go to dinner that night!
No comments:
Post a Comment