Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Monday, April 14, 2008

A busy, but happy weekend.





This past weekend was a full one, with Noah's baptism on Saturday, we had many family and friends visiting for the occasion. It was great to see everyone, especially those we haven't seen for a while. Thanks to everyone who made the effort to come and support our little Noah!


It was indeed a time for reflection, and a little pride, for both Chris and I, as we witnessed Noah making such an important decision in his life. I can't tell you how fulfilling it is to see this child who started life under such distressing circumstances, now growing up to be such a wonderful, intelligent, unique individual. I can't believe he's 8 already, and such a blessing to our family.


After a very spiritual baptismal session, we all gathered at our house for some lunch and visiting. It was a good time, and the weather was very pleasant, which was also nice. The kids enjoyed playing with their cousins and grandparents.


Later that evening, after Sophie and Nicolas had gone to bed, Chris and I let Sammy and Noah stay up late (a very unusual privilege in this household!), so we could play a game of "Whitetailopoly". This game, which Noah was given most generously by his grandparents, is an outdoorsmen's version of the game Monopoly, and any of you familiar with the game know that it can be quite time consuming! So, as the 11 o'clock hour approached, Chris and I had both gone bankrupt and were helping Noah and Sammy duke it out, we finally had to end by just counting money and property to determine the winner. Noah victorious (as we continue to be reminded)!!

2 comments:

Jeff Hansen said...

Congrats to Noah!

Lindsay said...

Congratulations! I can't believe time has flown by so quickly. I wish we could have been there!