Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ahhh...



When Spring comes and the snow melts away, we are always unpleasantly surprised at the wreckage the blanket of snow has been covering in our yard and around the perimeter of the house. Despite my frustration at what seems to be the ultimate never-ending home improvement project, Chris and I rolled up our sleeves and plunged into the weed-infested abyss. We've spent the past few days doing what we can to turn our yard and outdoor area into somewhere we'd like to spend time. The projects have included scrubbing, scraping and repainting the front porch and steps, planting various shrubs, flowers, ground covers and other plants, pulling and spraying weeds and insects, placing bark and mulch in the flower beds and around the shrubs, and installing a hanging bird feeder in the center of it all! So, at least for the moment, I expel an audible "Ahhh" as I can look forward to sitting on the front porch sipping a Diet Coke, watching the masses of birds pecking away at the bird feed, enjoying the sunset (or sunrise, as both can be seen from our front porch!).
In an attempt to ease the sunburns, body aches and blistered hands, we've considered rewarding ourselves and all our hard work with one night at one of our favorite local campgrounds tomorrow after church, as the weather is supposed to be unseasonably warm. So keep an eye out for more pictures to come in the near future of our latest adventure!
By the way, I know the fence in the background is somewhat unsightly, but rest assured, we have scheduled a replacement to be installed in about 3 weeks. Unfortunately, our most recent windstorm completely did the rickety old thing in, and a part (not showing in the picture) was totally flattened! I am excited for the new fence and the beauty it will add to the yard, but my arms are dreading the inevitable staining I will be doing once the unfinished cedar is installed!
One final thing: Congratulations to Weston and Stacy and the newest member of the family! We can't wait to see her!

No comments: