Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Monday, May 19, 2008

Baseball, campfires and sunburns...it's starting to feel like summer!


















Sammy and Noah had a baseball game tonight and Chris took a bunch of pictures. When Chris takes them to their games, I usually stay home with the two younger kids so I can put them to bed on time. When the boys come home, I always ask them if they got a hit. Noah is so funny, he usually says: "Of course, mom, what do you think?!" Tonight, when I proposed the ritualistic question to them, he just cocked his head and gave me an evil eyed look! Why do I even ask?






We had a nice night of camping yesterday. The weather was perfect, the kids did pretty well and are even starting to get into doing their part of the "camp chores", like unloading the firewood and helping make the food. Mostly they just like to play and run wild. Nicolas is completely in his element when he's outdoors. He spent most of his time digging in the dirt, rocks and pinecones. I'm sure I'll be finding remnants of all of the above in various unlikely places for days to come. So, aside from the multiple trips, falls and scraped knees, etc. suffered by poor Sophie, we all had fun and really got a boost from the beauty and peace found in nature.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Fun! You guys make camping look enjoyable. I'm thinking Lincoln might be getting old enough to give it a try. The ward campout is coming up...we'll see how that goes.