
Of all the gorgeous places we've gone camping, this one has to be one of the most breathtaking. We had planned to camp this week on Chris' days off at one of our favorite places, Palisades Reservoir. After spending two nights in an established campground, we decided to venture off into a more rustic, undeveloped camping area. Basically the only amenity was the fire ring, which looked like someone had just dug it the previous weekend. As remote as this place was, I was a little surprised that the only wildlife we saw was a deer that made it's way through our campsite a couple of times.

See the deer in the background!


That's the kids playing in the creek in the distance.
See how remote the area is - almost a little spooky!


No picnic tables here!

Ahh, this is the life.

This was a late night for Nicolas; we let him stay up by the campfire way past his normal bedtime.

This is a picture of some waterfalls on the Snakeriver.

This moose was one of four we saw on this trip, she was hiding out on a little "island" in the river near the campground.

Noah and Sam playing in Bear Creek.


Nick was pretty muddy after digging and building in the dirt.

The kids playing at Palisades Reservoir.
2 comments:
It looks like you had an awesome adventure. The pictures look incredible and the kids look like they had a blast. Thanks for sharing!
This looks like such a fun vacation! I wish I could've met your kids when you were in Michigan! Hopefully someday.
I might need your help with my blog - I can't figure out how to change the template. It's driving me crazy!
Post a Comment