Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Hip, hip hooray, back to school today!!

Yesterday was actually the first official day of school, so Sam (1st grade), and Noah (3rd grade), went yesterday. But today marked the start of the year for Sophia, our Kindergartner, and to echo my friend, Lindsay, "Oh Happy Day"!
Chris starts his last year at ISU on Monday, so since he didn't have to work today, we made the most of our day together, just us and Nicolas. It was SOOOO quiet!!
Yesterday when Chris picked the boys up from school, Sammy started sobbing as soon as he saw his daddy. When Chris asked him what was wrong, he said: "I missed you and mom and it made me sad." Awe, poor little guy! We spent the rest of the evening reassuring him that he would feel better after a few days of school, once he's used to his new teacher, etc. Today when we came home from running some errands, there was a message on our voice mail from his teacher that said he did well until about noon, but after returning from library he started to get sad again, worrying that we might be missing him too much, so she was letting him leave us a "love phone message". Then came Sam's quivering voice saying: "I love you and I'll be home soon." What a soft and tender-hearted little boy.
Sophie and Noah, on the other hand, both were happy to be separated from us, if it meant getting to be with their friends.


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Poor little Sam! That would break my heart! I remember picking Isaac up from Kindergarten one day and he was sobbing just because he missed me--and none of the teachers on duty had even noticed!!!!

Three kids in school...I'm jealous!!

Elizabeth Downie said...

Oh my gosh, I got tears in my eyes at the story about Sammy. What a sweet boy! Awww.