I was greeted at the school yesterday afternoon by three little faces with wide smiles and hugs ~ hooray! They all claimed it was "the best day of school ever!" Today I dropped them off, with no crying, clinging or whining from any of them. Thank goodness for small blessings. Now we'll see how they do the rest of the year...
Yesterday, as we were discussing all the great things they did on their first day, Sophie told me about an exercise her teachers did with them to explain why it's important to always speak kind words to others, and not be hurtful. The teachers each had a heart-shaped piece of paper, and they told the kids to say mean things to them, then for each thing they said, the teachers crumpled their "heart". Then, they told the kids to say nice things to them, and they tried to flatten and straighten the crumpled paper to make it pretty again, but no matter how many nice things the kids said, the damage was done. Very clever. Anyway, this morning I heard Sophie and Noah squabbling, with little shrieks coming from Sophie. When I got after them about fighting, Sophie said: "But Noah crumpled my heart, mom!!" She misses nothing.
2 comments:
So cute.
I love the crumpled heart story, very clever!
Post a Comment