Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Camping at Willard Bay State Park (Utah)

We were planning on going camping last week, and even had reserved a site (back in February!) at one of our favorite campgrounds up in Island Park.  Unfortunately, Chris was required to go to some Recon training for a couple of days and didn't find out about it until a couple of weeks before.  He is also training another trooper right now, and he has picked up some additional overtime shifts to cover summertime construction zones, so we were thinking we might not be able to get away for some camping fun until our next planned trip, which is at the end of June.  At the last minute we decided to go camp somewhere nearby on his two days off this week, but on Tuesday morning as I was preparing things so we could leave as soon as he got off work for the day, the temps were cold and the rain was coming down so I decided to get online and look up the weather for some other areas, maybe within an hour or two driving distance, and see if we could "drive into" better weather!  I found info on a state park on the northern end of the Great Salt Lake called Willard Bay.  The weather forecast looked much more promising than what was predicted for southeastern Idaho, so we decided to go for it.  I'm glad we did, because even though there was a short downpour on Tuesday evening, Wednesday was gorgeous all day - 80 degrees and sunny!  There were beach areas for the kids to play and swim, lots of nature trails, and the roads within the campground were paved so the kids were able to ride their bikes.  I was even able to get in my 3 mile run on Wednesday morning, and a 6 mile run this morning along the waters edge; it was so fun!  And now we're back home, where it's raining and 60 degrees.  :(

I've posted all the pics from our trip on my Facebook, so feel free to check them out there: www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1215145985


No comments: