Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Good times!!

Last weekend we enjoyed a really fun visit from my dad and his wife (aka: Grandpa and Grandma) who came to see us all the way from Michigan! We went to the hot springs in Lava on the first night, then the next day we went mini-golfing and then they spoiled us even more by taking us to see "Toy Story 3" in 3-D at the theater. I'm not sure who enjoyed it more, the kids or the grown-ups! We had lots of fun and mostly just enjoyed getting to spend time together.

After they left on Saturday morning, Chris and I packed the kids in the car with some drinks and snacks, and headed up into the mountains to explore a campground near a high mountain lake that Chris found on the recreation map. When we got up there, the road to the campground was closed because there was still so much snow on the ground. We just parked the car and took a little hike to get to the campground so we could see the lake. I'm not sure it's someplace we'd be able to get our camp trailer to, but it would be a fun place to go tent camping. Of course, we'll have to wait until August or September, if we want to go when there is NO snow on the ground!
Just look at that crystal clear water...so pretty!

3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

Crystal clear water!? Ha! I can't believe all that snow and ice. Weird. That's so foreign to me here since we don't have mountains. Looks like you had a lot of family fun! I'm glad your dad came to visit. :)

Anonymous said...

This is the first picture I've seen of your dad. What a great time it looked like!

Student Entrepreneur said...

Looks like a lot of fun was had!!