Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Most Excellent Week.

This has been a good week for our family.  We closed on our home refinance, which thanks to the currently low interest rates, is going to save us over $300 a month.  Then, since Chris had a couple of days off, we planned a special family outing, finally getting the opportunity to make use of a gift certificate we were given for a free stay in a suite at a wonderful hotel on the river in Idaho Falls.  The kids had a great time swimming and playing all day, and Chris and I both made use of the awesome Jacuzzi tub in our room.  Being gone on the weekend meant I had to do my Saturday morning 14 mile long run (www.amarathonmom2b.blogspot.com) in an unfamiliar locale, but it was totally worth it.  I was able to run along the greenway of the Snake River, with a view of the LDS Temple.  After I had my long run out of the way, we made the additional hour drive up to the Jackson Hole area of Wyoming, one of our most favorite places on earth.  We spent hours driving through the mountains, seeing tons of wildlife and enjoying the gorgeous fall foliage.  We were relaxed, happy and content to just be with each other.  If you're interested in seeing my photo album from this trip (which includes lots of really great wildlife and landscape photos), check out my Facebook page: Priscilla Bake's Facebook Profile

1 comment:

Elizabeth Downie said...

I would never run by a river called the Snake River. I'm assuming it's only called that because of it's shape, but I'm still picturing snakes all over the place.

I'm glad you had such a wonderful and relaxing weekend. I still can't believe you run 14 miles though. I always suspected you were crazy. ;)