A little over a month ago I took Sophie to the pediatrician for her pre-Kindergarten check-up and shots. After the routine eye exam, the doctor informed us that she had failed, with what appeared to be a problem seeing out of her right eye. Today she finally had her appointment with the pediatric opthamologist, where they put drops in her eyes to dilate the pupils. I offered her my sunglasses as we were leaving the office, thinking that bright light might bother her, and she wore them right up until bed. I took this picture of her this afternoon - it was a very traumatic day for her and a good nap was in order!
The final diagnosis: she does need glasses to correct her vision. After a trip to the Wal-Mart optical center, and some coaxing and direction about which frames to choose, (as there was no way in #$!&* I was about to shell out the $70 for the Hannah Montana ones she picked out, not including lenses, when the off-brand styles were just as cute), she will have her new purple specs in about a week. I personally think she looks darling with them on, which is good since she'll have to wear them all the time. I'll post a picture of her when she gets them.
1 comment:
She's so cute! Is she excited about her glasses?
Post a Comment