
There are days when I feel like my life is passing by so quickly, and I haven't contributed much, if anything, to the world around me. I mindlessly multi-task, cutting the crust off a PB&J, attempting to answer a barrage of questions about life's mysteries from one child, mediating sibling tiffs between two others, all while the fourth clings to my leg making a whining noise that resonates and agitates, pushing me that much closer to insanity. Today I felt encouraged while reading a couple of articles in this month's Ensign. If nothing else, I have the most lofty responsibility of helping build the character and laying the foundation for the future lives of four little souls with which I have been entrusted. Reminding me that the legacy that I am creating with my life, is directly affected by how I react in those moments of near insanity. When I go to bed at night, do I feel guilty for how hard I was on the kids that day, or do I sleep easy knowing I was as patient and loving as I am capable of being? Honestly, most of the time I feel like I fall short of what is expected of me, but I resolve to wake up the next day and do better. When I try to keep in perspective what I want my children to feel - loved, respected, encouraged, trusted - then it's a little easier to be the mom I want to be. Note I said easier, not easy.
So, any of you mothers who may feel this way at times, you're not alone! And if you have any tips on how to curb whining in 5 and 6 year olds, pleeeeaaaasssee... I'm all ears! My knowledge base is tapped and dry.
1 comment:
I have days where I feel more guilt then others...We just keep trying right. I thought by number 4 I would have figured out this mother thing just a little but more often then not they surpise me with some new way to whine or try my patience...so my prayers are with you as we try to make sure these wonderful little spirits are strong for the right reasons. Have a great day.
Post a Comment