Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Monday, February 16, 2009

Winter getaway!

This year for Valentine's Day, we decided to do something a little different and take advantage of Chris and the kids having an extended weekend. We made the short trek over to Jackson, WY and experienced what one of our favorite destinations has to offer in the winter season. We don't ski, snowboard, snowshoe (though that I'd personally love to try), or any of those typical Jackson activities. Still, we found lots of things to do that were plenty entertaining, and relaxing, for our little family. We took the kids on a horse-drawn sleigh ride across the National Elk Refuge, which was by far one of the coolest things we've ever done. The kids were quiet, still and in awe of being so close to the elk and other animals. We took several drives and of course, saw plenty of wildlife - elk, moose, big horn sheep, coyotes, wolves, deer and various birds. We can't get enough of this kind of stuff. All of the kids enjoy these "wildlife viewing" trips that Chris and I both like to take, but Sam especially seems to soak in every moment, working really hard at being our animal "spotter". Then, of course, we had to hit the Yippe-I-O Candy store in downtown Jackson. It's such a fun place with novelties like River Rock Chocolates, Huckleberry Taffy, and the best old-fashioned fudge and other chocolate confections. Yum!
One sour note, Sophie (who just had strep throat two weeks ago), woke up the second morning of our trip with a strange rash all over her body; poor girl. It looks like the roseola-like rash that babies get with a virus, so I'm hoping she'll be better tomorrow. If not, looks like she'll be off to the doctor's, and missing school this week. I always hate to come home, back to reality. Chris is trying to muster up the energy to do the assignments he has due this week at school, and I'm doing this blog post in between loads of laundry:( I guess I will save a blog with all the wildlife pictures we took for tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a handsome family! I'm glad it was fun and I hope your li'l one isn't too sick!

The Groves Family Blog said...

Oh my goodness, I love your puppy's little sweater. That is super cute! It looks like you guys had a lot of chilly fun! I like the pictures the kids took too. I hope Sophie is feeling better.

Angie Cheney said...

Cool idea! Hope Sophie's better. My kids always end up with all the rashes that "possibly" accompany viruses...