
Yesterday we got a call from the elementary school saying that Sophie had thrown up, so we went and picked her up. She said her headache was so bad that it made her throw up. This isn't the first time she's had this happen, and now I'm making the sad realization that it seems she suffers from migraines, just like I have my whole life. I can remember having them when I was her age, also, but back then migraines weren't understood and diagnosed like they are now. It is a miserable thing to have to suffer with and only those who get them or have had them can understand, they are not like normal headaches at all, and can be so incapacitating. I had so wished that none of my kids would get migraines, but because the inclination to get them can be a hereditary issue, I knew there was that possibility. At least I can help her and understand her pain, but I am so bummed!! :(
4 comments:
I'm right there with ya! My son Tanner also gets really bad migraines just like I have my whole life:( Don't ya feel bad passing on such a bad thing?? At least since we've had them, we can understand how they feel and how to help them.
I'm so sorry for what you're going through. I think I've passed on my hair pulling. :<
oh poor girl! I understand I have migraines too! They are the worst. It seems like we always pass down those crazy medical issues to our kids. Like me passing on my kidney infections down to both my girls. At least she didn't throw up at home :) !!! LOL
I remember having migraines when I was 8 years old, but I know I had them before that too. Poor Sophie, that is miserable, and more so to watch your child have to go through it. I feel so blessed that I outgrew them. Maybe Sophie will too. At least you can sympathize with what she goes through. You are such an awesome mom!
Post a Comment