Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Monday, May 25, 2009

Early Summer at Palisades.


We just returned from our Memorial weekend camping trip. It rained a lot, but the temperatures weren't too cold, so it was bearable. We were able to do some fishing, although we didn't catch anything. At one point, I asked Noah if he was having fun, since he didn't seem to be, and he said: "I would be if you would just tell me exactly where the fish are and how to catch them!" Well, wouldn't that be something.We also spotted some wildlife: bison, antelope, elk and lots of deer. When we arrived at the campground, the camp host told us that just two days before, a moose had walked right through our campsite, but we never caught a glimpse of him, unfortunately. I was hoping we'd see some newborns, since it's that time of year. Maybe next time...

4 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

How fun! And you guys are great parents. You're creating wonderful memories for your kids! They're lucky to have you :)

Jennifer Groves said...

We just got back from camping to. For 4 days...I think that's about all I can take. We saw antelope, deer, coyote & lots of cows. Too bad we don't live closer, we could camp together. Looks like you guys had fun though. I will be posting pics soon.

Anonymous said...

I agree with what Elizabeth said. What color Sophia wear most of? I want to make her some hair flowers when you come down.

Jennifx said...

I love the fish comment. It looks like you had a a great time. David had the flu so we didn't do anything.