Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Friday, May 1, 2009

Happy May Day, and other updates.

I opened my bedroom door this morning to find this sweet treasure:Not much need for me to speculate which of my darling children put it there; it was Samuel, of course. I don't deserve such a thoughtful, loving child! What a happy way to begin May Day. Thanks, Sam!
Following up with the new sleeping arrangements for Nicolas, I can gladly report that things are going considerably well. He's done okay with the transition from his crib, although if I want him to fall asleep at a reasonable time, I have to lay with him in the bed for just a bit, and he usually will fall asleep pretty fast. The older boys also go to sleep much sooner if I am in their room with them for a while when they first go to bed. On the few occasions I haven't (weekends, etc.), they stay up "talking/playing" and this is the price Nicolas pays the following day:I think Zipper was intrigued by the lump on the floor, but Nick didn't care much for being licked awake!

5 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

That is so sweet that Sam left those flowers for you!! What a nice boy. And I loved the picture of Nicolas sleeping on the floor. What a cutie! Nice to see a picture of the adorable Zipper again too.

Student Entrepreneur said...

I was thinking about it being May Day today! With you being from the midwest - did you celebrate may day too? We use to make baskets and put popcorn and candy in them and deliver them to all the neighbor kids! I loved it!!

Jennifer Groves said...

What a sweetheart! Where did he get the flowers from? They are gorgeous! I didn't even think of May Day! The picture of Nicolas sleeping is so darn cute with your dog licking him. I was giggling. That is too cute! (I also noticed as I was looking at your pretty flowers that you read twilight too. Isn't that a fun story?)

About Ethen: I wish his school district had a G/T program, but they don't. We have to charter him if we want him in a better program, which is really hard to get into, but we are going to try.

Priscilla said...

Jen- Sam made the flower basket at school by weaving strips of construction paper, and his teacher (I assume) supplied the flowers. It was so nice.

Yes, I love the Twilight series; I enjoy S. Meyer's writing style a lot, and the story line really sucks you in...he, he! ;)

I hope you have luck with getting Ethen into that program. It seems like there aren't many programs like that out there, especially in the smaller schools. I've found, with Noah, that he gets bored easily, and thankfully his teacher this year has done a great job keeping him challenged at a level that keeps his interest.

I so wish we lived closer; I miss being able to just "talk" to you!

Ken and Jan said...

I love that picture of Nicolas, he is adorable... and you have the sweetest kids, I can't believe that Sam made that bouquet for you!