Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Glenn Beck - So cool!!

I had just finished reading "The Christmas Sweater" by Glenn Beck, when I got the email newsletter saying he would be doing a book signing right here in our town! So exciting. I'm not one to get star struck, I usually could care less about seeing in person someone I could just as well watch on television. Nonetheless, we thought it would be neat to have our book signed, so off to the mall we went.
Despite the fact that the line wound round and round the mall corridors, and our children were a little less enthusiastic about meeting Glenn Beck than they were about having a chat with Santa, it was worth the wait. I can imagine that meeting people one by one, being herded past like livestock by security and store personnel, it might be difficult for the person of interest to maintain authenticity. But not surprisingly, Glenn handled it like a real pro. He was genuine and warm, for the seconds we were allowed to greet him. He even acknowledged each of the kids individually and shook Noah's hand.It may seem strange for an 8 year old to be a fan of a talk radio gone cable politics show host (his new show, by the way, will be on Fox News, since he left CNN), but his new book is a great read for anyone, youth and adult alike. Noah has already started reading it and was pretty happy to have a signed copy of the book. So if you haven't already done so, I highly recommend picking up a copy of "The Christmas Sweater"; it's the perfect story for the holidays, and based on a true story, it really brings to life the real meaning of family and gratitude.Then, we figured since we were already at the mall, we might as well let the kids sit on Santa's lap. ;) It was interesting that when they got on his lap, all of them asked for different things than anything they've been telling us they wanted for the past 12 months. It was as if all of a sudden the pressure of being face to face with the big guy made them lose their senses. And I thought I was the starstruck one...

Uh, yep, he still believes in Santa.

3 comments:

The Bowler Five said...

My daughter just saw these pictures with santa and said "its the real one, I wish I got to see the real one". The last one we saw Brent informed me he had a pillow in his tummy. I guess we better look for Santa again.

Elizabeth Downie said...

That's great! I've heard that book is really good. I'll have to check it out! I love the Santa pics too - especially the look on Nicholas's face! Love it.

Jennifer Groves said...

That is so awesome that you got to meet Glenn Beck! So cool! I used to listen to him everyday on the radio, now I catch him every once in a while on TV. I too loved the Christmas Sweater, it's such a great story, and I love the message behind it.
I need to get your address so that I can send a card.