Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

More family fun.


I know I post a lot of camping pictures, particularly in the summer, but also at other times of the year. I guess it's just something we do a lot of, and I have so much fun capturing moments of the kids enjoying just being kids. I overheard them talking to each other this morning saying: "Being a kid is way better than being a grown-up, I bet. All we have to do is play." I actually really do hope that my kids feel that is their reality. So on that note, here are some pictures from our most recent campout to a place called Big Springs, just on the other side of the mountains south of us. When we arrived at the campground, the camp host came to let us know that there had been two recent black bear sitings right in the campground. We were on the lookout the whole time. In fact, the second night we were all sitting by the fire when Chris was startled by a sound he heard, and it was "all he wrote", as they say. The kids jumped up and ran into the trailer, and it took us about an hour, maybe more, to get Sophie to settle into sleep.Another highlight, sort of as an addendum to my previous post, we had another tooth loss incident. Noah was outside at the picnic table eating his scrambled eggs in the morning, Chris and I were in the camper, when he came up to the screen door and announced, with his mouth still full of food: "My tooth is in my eggs, my tooth is in my eggs!!" As he said this, a tooth plopped out of his mouth onto his paper plate; so gross!

4 comments:

Jennifer Groves said...

So fun! I hope we can go camping once or twice more before the summer is over.

Elizabeth Downie said...

How fun! Your kids are lucky - these trips create wonderful memories for them (and you and Chris!).

Jennifx said...

Your family is the best! I love to here the things your kids say and do.

Ken and Jan said...

You do such fun things as a family!