


As you can see from these photos, we've had some crazy weather around here lately. This morning it was 80 degrees and sunny, but this afternoon a strong storm moved in and caused some serious hail and wind. Chris was on duty and I figured he was busy as I heard sirens up and down our road all afternoon. Apparently the bursts of hail and rain caused some major flash flooding here in our town and along the Rapid Creek area. When he came home from work (late) this evening, he showed us some of the footage from his dash cam. The flooding caused a bridge to collapse, the creek to overflow, rock slides, washing out the roads, flooding in town, including the only grocery store, and several homes were flooded. He even got video of a little boy standing in the flooded street after the hail had stopped, swoop down and pull a fish up out of the water with his bare hands! Crazy! We, of course, felt the drama here in our home as well. Though, thankfully we didn't experience any flooding into the house, we did have some on our back porch area, and at one point when the hail was pounding the glass in all the windows, Sammy and Sophie started crying with fear that the windows would break and the hail would fill the house. More of this weather predicted for tomorrow, uh oh....right about now I'm sort of wishing I was back in southern California...
2 comments:
That is so crazy. I'm glad your house didn't flood! Where we you go grocery shopping now?
That fish swooping is awesome! The hail is so huge! Glad it went well.
Post a Comment