Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

She will be loved.

I suppose it's a testament to her sense of security and self-assuredness that my only daughter's mantra for the day is "Happy Birthday to ME!" I'm glad to know she feels that way. She is such a special girl, so vibrant, talkative, sensitive, spiritual, eager to please, and one of the most loving children I've ever seen. Since she's been in Kindergarten, the one piece of feedback I've consistently gotten from teachers and other school staff is that she is SO different from her two older brothers! She's not shy at all, always willing to talk to anyone about anything, she's friendly to everyone and always happy, and she is very generous with her hugs. We had cake and ice cream last night, since Chris was home, and she didn't seem to mind at all that my attempt at a "castle cake" was a little weird looking. (Thanks for the idea, by the way, Jennifer G., but yours turned out so much cuter!) Anyway, happy birthday, my sweet Sophie girl!

2 comments:

Jennifer Groves said...

I love the cake, and it's the thought that counts. :) I was just noticing that we have the same dining table.
Happy Birthday to Sophie! She is adorable! She looks like Chris, whereas your older boys look like you, at least in the pictures they do.

Elizabeth Downie said...

That is so sweet. What an adorable girl you have. I'd really love to meet your family one of these days. I miss you and am so happy for you that you have such great kids and are obviously such an amazing mom! Happy birthday Sophie!