The past few days have been a little busy. Yesterday my Activity Days co-leader and I had our little 8-11 year old girls do some work in town to help out with the cleanup after our recent flooding problems. It was a hot, laborious effort, and it didn't seem like we accomplished a whole lot in the time we spent, considering what a muddy, smelly mess the flooding left behind.In the meantime I had a realtor call saying he had some folks who wanted to see our house, so I had to hurry and get things cleaned and straightened. I guess it worked out perfectly, timing wise, because we had decided on an impromptu trip down to SLC, so I was able to get the house ready, then get the kids out of the way for the showing.
So when I got back from Activity Days, Chris and I packed up the car and the kids and headed to Utah to see a friend of mine from Michigan that I haven't seen in ages. I found out she was going to be there for a wedding and it was so great that it just worked out that we were able to make the short trip at the last minute. One of the things I just love about summertime is the flexibility in our schedule. I had the BEST time visiting with her and laughing just like old times. We went to the park at Bridal Veil Falls in Provo, which also brought back some memories of when Chris and I were first engaged and spent time there as young "lovebirds"! ;)
2 comments:
You are selling your house?!
I just now saw this post! I had such a good time visiting with you guys!! Your family is so nice and adorable, and I had a great time catching up with you! It felt like no time had passed :) I hope to see you guys again sometime soon! Thank you for making the drive down - I'm so glad we got to get together!
Post a Comment