
No, I'm not talking baseball diamonds in the middle of cornfields. I'm talking the soccer mom's mecca of all meccas - Costco!
Now many of you may be saying to yourselves, whoopedy-do, Costco. Allow me to explain. Pocatello isn't exactly a booming metropolis. In fact, for one of the largest cities in Idaho, it's kind of pathetic how few stores and other facilities we have, at least when it comes to having a variety of places to choose from. So anytime a new restaurant or store comes to town, there is some understandable excitement. The opening of the new Costco has been much anticipated since it's announcement over a year ago, so even though Chris and I aren't at all the type to withstand the crowds of people just to find a deal, or participate in the hoopla of a grand-opening, we decided it was worth it today. I'd never even been in a Costco, and may I just say that as a mom of four, seemingly bottomless pits of hunger, children, I think I will appreciate the opportunity to buy in bulk!!
I'm sure over time the novelty of being able to buy gargantuan pies and enough Kleenex to supply all the classrooms in an elementary school will wear off. But in the meantime, I'm sure going to enjoy one of my new favorite things: a Very Berry Sundae made with non-fat frozen yogurt and strawberries - at Costco!!
6 comments:
The chicken pizza rolls in the snack bar are to die for!
Linds-
Thanks for the tip, I'll give 'em a try next time we go!
I'm trying to be patient and wait for some of the crowds to die down, but I'm anxiously waiting for my first Costco experience as well. Hope you found some amazing deals.
I couldn't believe you didn't have a Costco when I read this. We live in a smaller town and we have one. I personally could not live with out Costco. I do most of my grocery shopping there. Look for their popcorn chicken in the freezer section. My kids love it.
More great tips, Jenny! I'll look for the popcorn chicken, sounds like something my kids would like, too! Thanks
I'm so jealous! I've been having Costco withdrawals since moving in August, Sam's Club is just not the same :( I pretty much like everything - well, especially with the appetite of hungry, growing boys, you can appreciate, I'm sure!
Post a Comment