Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Monday, October 6, 2008

Moosecapades!

A few years ago we were looking for an idea for a little mini-vacation, somewhere we could go to see the fall colors and have a couple of days to break up the monotony of the first semester of school. After doing some research online, I made the exciting discovery that, with a little effort, there were some great deals to be found on hotel rooms in Jackson Hole during October, being that it's the off-season for the ski-resort town. Only a two and a half hour drive from our house, and offering some of the most unbelievable landscape and wildlife viewing around, it's quickly become a much anticipated family tradition.
This year we decided to take a bit of a detour and venture through Yellowstone National Park. It was absolutely well worth the additional driving time. We also had the added excitement of being able to make the trip equipped with the camera Chris got at the beginning of this year. So all of the photos you will see in the slideshow and posted elsewhere on the blog were taken by either Chris, myself, or using the tripod.
Unfortunately, the trip wasn't without incident. Nicolas is still having episodes of vomiting, etc., going on a week and a half of fighting off the flu virus. Thankfully he has become familiar with the idea of "getting it in the bag", as we have shown him how to throw-up into a Ziploc bag while driving in the car. And a tired and stressed out daddy doesn't particularly mix well with rowdy, whiny kids, so the first night of our trip involved a bit of drama.
All in all, though, the photographs and memories we came home with made it worth the effort, and I'm sure the tradition will continue for as long as we're able to make it work.

7 comments:

dandjyoung said...

What a great family picture! It sounds like you had a lot of fun and I hope the little one is feeling better soon!

Lindsay said...

That looks like so much fun! I will definitely use you as a resource in the future!

Elizabeth Downie said...

What a fun trip! I'm so jealous you live in such a beautiful area! (Or at least, very close to it!) Your kids are going to have such great memories growing up. :)

Jennifer Groves said...

Wow! Gorgeous scenery! I have never seen a moose up close before (even after living in Canada). I think I'm going to have to plan a future family trip to Jackson Hole. What is Chris going to school for? Where exactly to you guys live? It's beautiful!

Jennifer Groves said...

Are you getting my comments?

Priscilla said...

Jennifer-
Yes, I have been getting your comments! Thank you, I think you're more computer savvy than you realize! :)

Julie Barb said...

Hi Priscilla! It's been a long time...this is Julie (Lowe) Barb...remember me from Institute? I saw your blog listed on your facebook account so I thought I'd check it out:) You have a beautiful family...and you look fabulous! Our family blog is www.barbbunch.blogspot.com if you're interested:) I put you as one of my blogging buddies so I can check your blog:) Take care!! Glad to see you are doing well!