Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving, and the aftermath.


This year our Thanksgiving was relatively quiet and uneventful. Chris worked most of the day, so the kids and I put up the Christmas tree, and made way too much food. When Chris came home from work, we enjoyed a nice, calm meal (a rarity in our house) and then went on a short drive in the mountains. The kids were initially disappointed because instead of the traditional turkey, I made a pork roast, but once they ate some, the disappointment seemed to fade. I also served homemade rolls, mashed potatoes and gravy, pumpkin pie, berry turnovers, etc, etc. My favorite part of the day was when we each said what we were most thankful for at dinner, and the kids comments were so candid. Sophie said: "I'm thankful for my mommy and daddy, my baby brother, my other brother, and the other brother, even though he hates me." Nice.
Nicolas, again with the weird smile.

3 comments:

Elizabeth Downie said...

...even though he hates me. That is so funny! :) I'm glad you guys had a good Thanksgiving.

Jennifer Groves said...

It sounds like you guys had a great Thanksgiving. I love kids and their honesty, they really say such cute things. Can you imagine an adult saying that?! The weird smile is cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

love the pictures ! and the flower!