Welcome to our Blog!
We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.
Friday, September 12, 2008
A date with Sam.
Periodically, Chris and I like to take turns taking the kids on one-on-one "dates", and today it was Sam's turn to go with me. I asked him what he wanted to do, and he said he wanted to go to the mall and ride on the kiddie rides. We also went to the store so he could pick out his new pair of school shoes. He's still having a bit of a hard time adjusting to this new school year. After just 3 weeks, he has already been moved up to the next reading level, which involves going to a different teacher for his reading time period. Although it's great that he's advancing so well with his reading, it's been difficult for him to get used to all the changes. He's going through some serious separation anxiety, and still cries when I drop him off at school, and sometimes during the school day, according to his teacher. I'm hoping that getting to have a special day with me will help him feel more secure. He sure seemed to enjoy himself, with a grin from ear to ear the whole time we were out on our "date". This is the only picture I got, and it didn't turn out that great.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Poor little guy. I hope things get better for him soon. I'm sure they will :) That's a cute picture. You're a great mom!
Post a Comment