Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Friday, September 19, 2008

These are the days to remember.

(The title is a throw-back to an old Billy Joel song, I know, it's been a while.)
Today went surprisingly well, though I feel a tad more tired than usual. Having a new puppy is somewhat like having a new baby in the house, at least as far as the "mother" waking up and frequently worrying throughout the night. But little Zipper did well, only one accident this morning, then the rest of the day accident free. He also did quite well with the kids, despite their rowdiness and hyperactivity. I've researched to death on the Internet about housebreaking and general obedience training of puppies, and I anticipate things will go well over the next couple of weeks. Let's hope I don't have to eat my words.

I Love My Husband



On to another subject, my husband. Again we are in the throws of another semester at ISU. He is taking 18 credit hours while still working full-time. He will graduate in the spring, so the end is in sight, but I know that sometimes for him, that can be of little consolation when he is too busy to make it to all of the kids' activities, or just be able to spend time with us and relax. Right now he can't do it all without the stress of pending schoolwork bearing down on him, or feeling so overwhelmingly tired that the idea of keeping up on home and yard work seems an impossibility, let alone spending quality family time. All this and during his favorite time of year, nonetheless, yes, that's right - Football season! Oh, the trauma! Anyway, he is such a hard worker, and not one to complain much, so when he does, I know it must be bad! Tonight he is working the overnight shift, so I hope that he finds himself reading this at about 4 or 5 in the morning when he feels on the verge of crashing (mentally, not literally, knock on wood!). I hope he knows that he is adored by his family and supported in his valiant effort and hard work to make the best life for me and the kids, and to be the best, most well-rounded person he can be. He is the best husband I could ever ask for, and sometimes I don't think I deserve all that he is for me. He is also the greatest dad, willing to do and give anything for the welfare and benefit of our children. We love you, Chris.

1 comment:

dandjyoung said...

What beautiful thoughts about your husband! Isn't it nice to know there is an end in sight. On another note, good luck with the puppy, ours is almost 10 months old and he is doing well, knock on wood we haven't had an accident it quite a while and it has been great for the kids.