Welcome to our Blog!

We hope you enjoy visiting our page. Feel free to leave your comments so we know you're out there.

Thursday, September 25, 2008

Yeah!


Well, we made it through another week, and my ploy seems to have worked, at least for the most part! Sammy did great at school this week, although he did briefly cry once. Hey, I'll take any small victory. The kids all love the dog, and having him has been kind of therapeutic for me, as well. It's been fun to focus on the challenge of getting him house-trained, and teaching him to obey. That way I'm distracted from how much I hate when Chris is in school. He's SO busy, and I get a little lonely for my partner in crime! It's a good thing there's never a dull moment around our household, with these four highly animated munchkins, and now a little puppy, running around! And notice the above picture? Noah was reading over my shoulder the other day as I was posting a blog, and he read what I wrote about not having any pictures of Sophie or Sam with the dog. He told the two of them that:"Mom put on the computer that you guys are afraid of Zipper!" Well, they wouldn't have it, and immediately demanded I photograph them in their fearlessness!On another note, Noah came home from school last week with a book he borrowed from his teacher. It was from the "Beast Quest" series, and he loved it so he asked me to get him all the books. He already is responsible for reading at least three books a night for school, that he is tested on every morning, and he has also been bringing home a longer chapter book for pleasure reading. The day he brought home the Beast Quest book, he finished it in about 2 hours, after reading his 3 books for testing and a Goosebumps book. I am amazed at how fast this kid can read. Anyway, I ordered him the series of books, and he immediately set to reading them and has already finished two of them. What cracks me up about these books is that they are about the quest to find different mythical creatures (minotaur, yeti, giant squid, etc.) and the harrowing events that take place along the way. I guess I shouldn't be surprised at Noah's interest in them, as he, thanks to his father, has become a huge Monster Quest fan (a series on the History channel which documents expeditions to find and prove the existence of various creatures, such as Bigfoot, the giant Octopus, vampires, gigantic snakes, Lochness, etc.). He informed me recently that when he grows up he's going to go to college to be a scientist so he can hunt for Bigfoot and be the first one to catch him. I love it!

No comments: