
We finally decided to take the plunge and do something we'd been thinking about doing for a while - get a puppy. I've been racking my brain lately trying to think of a way to help Sammy get over his separation anxiety at school. He still cries almost every day, and it's been a month already. We've tried everything from sending him with a family picture in his backpack, to love notes, to threatening to ground him from his favorite toys, to bribes. Nothing has worked so far. He and Noah have both been asking for a while, and after some research, and waiting to find the right puppy - breed, price, etc., we found the right one and brought him home today. The kids' reaction so far makes me quite hopeful that this new member of the family will bring some needed distraction and therapy to Sam, but also for the other kids as well. (Okay, for me, too! He's so stinkin' cute!) We'll see how things go as I try to house-break him!

He's a toy poodle, and so will only grow to be about 8-10 pounds and 10" tall. Supposedly a very intelligent breed, calm and good with kids, so hopefully his transition to his new home will go well. The kids named him Zipper George.
5 comments:
that dog looks fake... like a toy :) Enjoy it
OH my gosh!!! He is SOOOO CUTE! I can't get over how cute he is. And I love the name. I want one! I hope the puppy helps. Good luck!
Congratulations. Getting a dog for our kids was the best decision we ever made. If you need any help on training I loved to give you some advice.
ADORABLE!
How cute! And it does get better! Alexis use to cry and have a hard time - it gets less each year and so far this year (2nd grade) has been GREAT!!
Post a Comment